Quebecorworld Chile Intranet - 2001
This project involved the design of a complete management system for one of the largest print shops in Latin America.
This shows the wireframe for the page where managers could requesta a report of hours worked.
One of the most interesting challenges we solved in this project was the interface design for the employee attendance control module, which had to enable the generation of several kinds of reports for individual employees, selected groups of them, or the entire company.
The system included modules for:
- Client Management: This allowed the company to control customers and their accounts.
- Budgeting and Production orders: The compex process of budgeting a print job took days; our design reduced that time into a couple of hours. Once approved, the budget was transformed into a production order.
- Paper Consumption Control: High-precision control of paper flow allowed for important cost reduction.
- Employee Attendance: Automatization of this process allowed for faster and more precise paymet to employees most of whom are hourly workers.
- Billing Process: Automatic billing was a natural result of the automated budgeting and production order, streamlining the development of invoices and eliminating errors.
- Managerial Dashboard: The management can now watch a summary of all the company's activity and pinpoint on any part of it.